I'm also really excited to go to New york because I can visit my family in New Jersey...
I've found that packing for a trip to the city, or anywhere, or a long time (I'll be staying for two weeks), can be very stressful and difficult! So I've made a list of tips to remember when packing for a vacation:
- Find a good suitcase! Get a sturdy one that can hold a lot of your items and don't overstuff; I know its hard to resist!
- Be prepared, you dont want to be one of those people who packs frantically last minute, only to find out when you get to your vacation spot that you packed too little or not accordingly for the trip! For example, my friend is quite the procastinator and she told me of a time when she was going to Hawaii and had to pack very last minute. When she got to her hotel in Hawaii, she found out she hadn't packed a single swimsuit!
- Roll your clothing! This will miminize wrinkles and take up less room!
- Make a list of all the activities and events you are going to do on the trip and pack according to that!
- Bring more tops than bottoms! Shirts take up less space and repeating the same pair of jeans isn't really that noticeable.